Friday, September 28, 2012

Simple Afternoons






Throughout the  last year Matt and I had many discussions about what it may look like in our home with two kids under three.  We knew that it would be slightly challenging at times, and chaotic at others. Both of us were running full force. The balance between work and home was managable, and Brynn was flourishing. The reality was we were exhausted, and had little time for the simple joys of life.  Brynn continued to need us more and more, and we knew the needs an infant would bring.  So early last Spring we made a conscious decision to make some cut backs, and look at our options. I approached my employeer about the possibility of part-time. (I want to work at least part time. I LOVE what I do, and was not ready to give it up.)  They heard me, and a few months later they came back with a part time proposal. They are incredible, and have blessed us. The proposal was far better than I could of imagined.  It allowed me a new position, and an opportunity to grow. Thus I am at work in the morning, and home around 12:35ish each day.  I have the afternoons with my kids. Most days are simple afternoons filled with the simple pleasures of life. I get to lay my kids down for nap, and arise with them. I can feed Madelyn and cuddle with her.  We eat snacks together, play outside, and cook together. I get to experience those bad moments, and work through disciplining my kids.   It has been one of the greatest decisions we have made as a family.  This was a decision we made a commitment for a year, and review it as next school year approaches.   Below are a few pictures of our afternoons.
Merrick and Brynn going for a drive


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment