Saturday, November 3, 2012

Brynn, Flynn. . they Rhyme

On the way home from a friends house last night, Brynn asked to play a game.  Usually she asks to play "Doggie, Doggie Where is your Bone? or I Spy. (Games a Three Year Old LOVES!!)   So, I asked her what came did she want to play hoping we had something new.  Her response was,: Rhyming Game.   She continued to say I say a word and you say a word that Rhymes.  It went something like this.
B:  Cat
Me: Sat
B: Hat
Me: Rat

Soon I realized she really knew how to Rhyme, so we tried again with long vowels, and short vowels. Sure enough each time she was recalling words that rhymed or making up nonsense word with the same sounds. I was so excited I called my friend Tammy, and sure enough she would give her words and B would spit back Rhymes.  :)  As an educator and a mom, it makes so excited to see her learn concepts at an early age and LOVE it. 

Helping Mommy Bake, Mouth a Mess, in a her Princess Shirt!

Above is my favorite picture of B from the week...  we were cooking together.

No comments:

Post a Comment